Most resumes have the same basic organizational parts. All well structured resumes contain an objective/branding statement, a summary/profile, a work history section and an education section. What differentiates a sales executive's resume from, say, a real estate agent's resume, is the key terms used.
Knowing ahead of time what the key terms are for your desired job can help move your resume ahead of the rest and greatly improve your chances at landing the all important interview. Below is a list of general key terms that you should strive to include in your resume,either in the summary or within the work history.
Key Terms for a Sales Executive's Resume
- Proven track record in sales
- Play a critical role in building, training and managing a talented, motivated, highly consultative sales and services team
- Build c-level relationships to help penetrate large organizations
- Work seamlessly between sales channels and business functions to continue revenue growth
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development
- Hold regular pipeline reviews to accurately forecast the business and allocate technical and business resources
- Work effectively across the organization with pre-sales marketing and support
- Experience in successfully managing complex sales cycles and multiple products