Once the confetti is cleaned up and the calendar pages flips from 2011 to 2012 it is time to take stock of your current job search. there are always things you can do to reinvigorate yourself and improve your chances of landing a quality job in the new year. Here are 12 tips for 2012 to give you something to start with.
1. Narrow your search.
2. Know what you really want.
3. Reevaluate your skills and abilities.
4. Set a goal, or goals
6. Outmaneuver the competition.
7. Give your online reputation a boost.
8. Create an online portfolio, website or blog
9. Keep up to date with industry trends
10. Don't be afraid to sell yourself.
11. Update your resume.
12. Stay positive.
Be sure to click through the links. I have written about most of these topics over the course of the past year, so hopefully something you find will be helpful.